- He ___ smoke a lot, but after he developed a lung disease, he decided to quit smoking.
a. used to
b. was used to
- My life was rather dull ___ I decided to move to the city.
- His watch ___
a. has been stolen.
b. has stolen
- Little ___ that their plan has been discovered.
a. do they suspect
b. they suspect
- ___ the rain, we went to the club.
b. Despite of
- He didn't go to the party. Now he regrets ___ so.
a. not having done
b. not have done
- If I had known I'd hurt him so much, I ___ that.
a. couldn't have said
b. wouldn't have said
- Personally I ___ go to Greece.
a. would rather
b. would prefer
- She hasn't read the article, nor ___ the essay.
a. has written
b. has she written
- Margareth ___ her mother the prize she had gotten in the competition.
a. proudly showed
b. showed proudly
- Have you picked up my ___ by mistake?
a. car's key
b. car key
- I wonder how much ___
a. that car is.
b. is that car
- Our customer's money ___ if they're not satisfied with the product.
a. will be refunded
b. will have been refunded
- It's clearly stated that you ___ copy the site without written permission from the webmaster.
a. should not
b. ought not
- This ticket ___ a free meal in our new cafeteria.
a. entitles you to
b. entitles you for
- The price of oil ___ several times in the last two years.
a. has gone up
b. went up
- ___ for the TOEFL exam in June, we took a sham exam in April.
b. To prepare
- I'm sure that by the end of this week, I ___ the hang of HTML.
a. will have been getting
b. will have gotten
- Everything depends on ___ we get a raise in our salary.
- The policeman is demanding that the thief ___ the crime.